All need-based financial aid awards and many other aid awards are determined in whole or in part by the information submitted as part of a student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students can submit their FAFSA to LMU even prior to applying for admission. The Financial Aid Office recommends applying for aid as soon as possible, beginning October 1st of each year; however, FAFSA information is only processed by LMU after a student receives an offer of admission.
To learn more about completing your FAFSA and financial aid eligibility at LMU, please review the information linked below:
- General Financial Aid Eligibility
- Federal Verification - may be required of some aid applicants. LMU will notify students if they have been selected for federal verification and what will be required to complete this process.
- Federal Student Aid
- Completing the FAFSA form 2018-2019
California Dream Act for Undocumented Immigrant/(AB540) Students
- the California Dream Act allows students who meet the AB540 criteria to apply for state aid as well as be considered for institutional aid. However, completing this application does not guarantee you will receive institutional aid.
- You can find more information about the California Dream Act and how to apply at the California Student Aid Commission's website here.
- To be considered for the Cal Grant and institutional aid you must also complete the Affidavit of Immigration Status.
- If you have not applied for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) due to financial or other reasons please fill out the Affidavit Regarding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
Please follow the links below that correspond to your expected entering term to guide you through applying for financial aid at LMU.