If a student is selected for 2021-2022 federal or institutional verification, or in the support of a 2021-2022 appeal, LMU Financial Aid may request student or parent federal tax returns.
We advise using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to request 2019 tax data for the 2021-2022 FAFSA. If you are unable to complete the IRS Data Retrieval, you must submit an IRS Tax Transcript.
Detailed information on submitting tax data can be found on the page at left including:
- Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- How to obtain a IRS Tax transcript
- How to submit tax data when you are not required to file a federal tax return
- How to complete request if you have filed an extension
- Been a victim of tax fraud
- Filed an amended tax return
Once we have received tax data, it is reviewed and your data PROWL requirement is updated to "complete."
Submit your information:
- In person at our office or by mail (office hours, address, and location)
- Via our Secure Upload portal
- Via fax at 310.338.2793 (secured fax)
If you have questions about this process, please contact us.
Please note that it may take up to 5 business days for receipt of these documents to show up on your PROWL account.