If a student is selected for federal or institutional verification, or in the support of an appeal, LMU Financial Aid may request student or parent federal tax returns.
We advise using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer tax data when completing the FAFSA. If you are unable to complete the IRS Data Retrieval, you must submit an IRS Tax Transcript if the student is selected for fedreal or institutional verification.
Detailed information on submitting tax data can be found on the page at left including:
- Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- How to obtain a IRS Tax transcript
- How to submit tax data when you are not required to file a federal tax return
- How to complete request if you have filed an extension
- Been a victim of tax fraud
- Filed an amended tax return
Once we have received tax data, it is reviewed and your data PROWL requirement is updated to "complete."
Submit your information:
- In person at our office or by mail (office hours, address, and location)
- Via our Secure Upload portal
- Via fax at 310.338.2793 (secured fax)
If you have questions about this process, please contact us.
Please allow a minimum of two business days for a form to show as received in PROWL.
In 2022-2023, you will use 2020 tax information to complete the FAFSA. Only report the student and parent(s) 2020 federal tax information on the FAFSA. If your income has changed significantly and you want us to consider your 2021 or 2022 income, you will need to submit an Appeal Form. Additional documentation may be required. Please visit the Appeals section on the financial aid website for more detailed information.
Options for Submitting Tax Data to LMU Financial Aid: