Cal Grants are one of the smartest ways to get money for college; for starters, it is money you don't have to pay back. To qualify, you must be a California resident, meet a minimum GPA, and have income and asset below the required ceilings.
Cal Grant awards range from $1,672 to $10,756. If you meet the aforementioned requirements; you will receive a Cal Grant Eligibility notification from CSAC with additional instructions on how to claim your award.
Students may receive a Cal Grant for four years or up to eight semesters provided you are enrolled full time; student enrolled less than full time will be prorated accordingly. Cal Grants are renewable provided:
- you continue to meet income and asset ceiling requirements
- maintain satisfactory academic progress
- demonstrate financial need
For more detailed information on Cal Grants, please click the following links:
- How To Apply
- Types of Cal Grants
- How Cal Grants are Awarded @ LMU
- Webgrants 4 Students - 24/7 Access to your Cal Grant!
- Cal Grant Frequently Asked Questions