Loyola offers a variety of financial assistance programs, including scholarships, loans, and work-study. It is important to apply on-time for all forms of financial assistance.
We encourage you to read the following information carefully. Use this website as a reference to help explore available options.
Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 year.
- LMU Loyola Law School Federal School Code: E00254
- We encourage you to complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA for the Fall 2020 semester beginning on October 1, 2019 at studentaid.gov
- Please ensure that you are completing the FAFSA for the correct aid year - multiple FAFSA aid years will be available, but Fall 2020 entering students must file the 2020-2021 FAFSA to be eligible for aid in Fall 2020.
- Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA is March 18, 2020.
*In order to electronically sign your form, you will need an FSA ID
Review Your Credit Report
- A credit check is performed to determine eligibility for a Direct Graduate PLUS loan. We strongly encourage applicants to request credit reports from all three credit reporting agencies. Please carefully review the credit reports to ensure eligibility requirements are met. Applicants with an adverse credit history should start working on resolving these issues before school starts. Learn more.
- The Annual Credit Report website offers free credit reports. Additionally, applicants can request individualize credit reports from the following reporting agencies:
Search for Outside Scholarships Early
LMU Financial Aid is excited to introduce Scholarship Universe, a new easy to use personalized process that makes finding and applying for external scholarships easier.
What is Scholarship Universe? Scholarship Universe is a matching system that maximizes scholarship opportunities for students. Scholarship Universe allows students to create an academic profile that enables them to be connected with various outside scholarship opportunities that match their criteria.
What to expect after you submit the FAFSA
- Applicants who complete an electronic application can check the status online after submission. Applicants can also verify the status of their FAFSA application by contacting the Federal Student Aid Information Center.
- The Office of Federal Student Aid will send applicants a summary of their FAFSA, known as the Student Aid Report (SAR), within three days to three weeks after their FAFSA is submitted. Applicants should review their SAR carefully to ensure that all the information is correct. The SAR will allow you to make any required changes or updates.
- The Office of Federal Student Aid will provide the SAR data to the school(s) listed on the FAFSA once the FAFSA has been processed. Each school will use this information to calculate the aid needed to attend their institution.
- The Financial Aid Office may contact an applicant for additional information. If information is requested, applicants need to respond within two weeks of the original request. An award letter cannot be processed until all required documents are received.
- LMU Financial Aid is responsible for sending students an award letter. The letter provides an estimated cost of attendance and applicants award eligibility and includes instructions about how to accept awards.
- Please note: Applicants need to notify LMU Loyola Law School Admissions if their current address and/or phone number(s) change.
Loyola Law School is offering Intersession courses from January 4th -10th. Financial aid is available in the form of federal loans for students attending the Intersession who meet eligibility requirements.
To be eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time for spring and intersession combined. Students who are not enrolling in spring 2021 are not eligible for federal aid.
For additional information or to apply for aid select the links below.
LMU Summer Financial aid is available to eligible students enrolled in Summer Sessions, including newly admitted students. If you are planning to attend Summer Session and would like to be considered for summer aid, complete the Summer Financial Aid Application and submit it to the financial aid office. Select the summer link below for detailed information and application instructions.