Loyola offers a variety of financial assistance programs, including scholarships, loans, and work-study. It is important to apply properly and on-time for all forms of financial assistance. Loan amounts are determined by the Financial Aid Office using the information you provide in the FAFSA form.
With the idea in mind that law school is an investment, consider carefully how your legal education will be financed and what your needs are while in law school. We are glad to discuss these issues with you as you make your decision about attending law school.
Please select the link below for application instructions and additional information.
FALL 2018 AND SPRING 2019
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2018-2019 application for federal student aid is available on October 1, 2018.
- Applicants can use estimated income figures if they have not yet completed their income tax return. Applicants should not wait until tax returns are done to complete the FAFSA.
- The federal school code for Loyola Law School is E00254.
- Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA is March 18, 2018.
In order to electronically sign your form, you will need an FSA ID. In the past, families and students used a federal PIN number. These PIN numbers are now being replaced with the new FSA ID process. Even if you have an existing PIN number, you will need to follow these steps in order to creat an FSA ID.
Watch the Federal Student Aid's video tutorial, "How to Fill Out the FAFSA."
Review Your Credit Report
- A credit check is performed to determine eligibility for a Direct Graduate PLUS loan. We strongly encourage applicants to request credit reports from all three credit reporting agencies. Please carefully review the credit reports to ensure eligibility requirements are met. Applicants with adverse credit history, should start working on resolving these issues before school starts. Learn more!.
- The Annual Credit Report website offers free credit reports. Additionally, applicants can request individualize credit reports from the following reporting agencies:
Search for Outside Scholarships Early
- A variety of scholarships are available from private sources. Information on outside scholarships can be found here.
What to expect after you submit the FAFSA
- Applicants who complete an electronic application can check the status online after submission. For paper applications it can take up to 7 – 10 days before a confirmation is mailed. Applicants can also verify the status of their FAFSA application by contacting the Federal Student Aid Information Center.
- The Office of Federal Student Aid will send applicants a summary of their FAFSA, known as the Student Aid Report (SAR), within three days to three weeks after their FAFSA is submitted. Applicants should review their SAR carefully to ensure that all the information is correct. The SAR will allow you to make any required changes or updates.
- The Office of Federal Student Aid will provide the SAR data to the school(s) listed in the FAFSA once the FAFSA has been processed. Each school will use this information to calculate the aid needed to attend their institution.
- The Financial Aid Office may contact an applicant for additional information. If information is requested, applicants need to respond within two weeks of the original request. An award letter cannot be processed until all required documents are received.
- The Financial Aid Office is responsible for sending students an award letter. The letter provides an estimated cost of attendance and applicants award eligibility, and includes instructions about how to accept awards.
- Please note: Applicants need to notify the Loyola Law School Office of Admissions if their current address and/or phone number(s) change.
Watch the Federal Student Aid's informational video, "After the FAFSA: What Happens Next."
Loyola Law School is offering Intersession courses from January 7 -13, 2019. Financial aid is available in the form of federal direct loans for students attending Intersession who meet eligibility requirements.
Students interested in receiving financial aid for Intersession are required to complete the Intersession Financial Aid Application found below and submit it to our office by the deadeline of December 10th.