Similar to grants, Scholarships require no repayment and are available as a result of the contributions made by many LMU benefactors who deeply believe in the value of an LMU education. Scholarship eligibility is generally based upon different factors including merit-related criteria, academic achievement, financial need, talent, and/or leadership.
Equal opportunity will be provided for all incoming freshman applicants for scholarship consideration on the basis of their demonstrated academic ability and merit without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability and status with the armed forces unless otherwise stated in the scholarship guidelines.
Applying for Scholarships
Some LMU-sponsored scholarship awards are automatically considered alongside your application for admission. However, a number of scholarships require separate applications by varying specific deadlines. Many scholarships are also available through commercial or other private organizations and can be researched independently by students online.
For more information on LMU-sponsored scholarships, please access the information included within this section.
- Arrupe Scholarships
- Trustee & Presidential Scholarships
- Jesuit & Marymount High School Scholarships
- Jesuit Community Scholarships
- LMU Achievement Awards
- Athletic Grant in Aid
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Scholarship
- LA Philanthropic Scholarship
- Mabel Wilson Richards Scholarship
- Robert and Lois Atherton Foundation Scholarship
- Alliance of Women Philanthropists Scholarship
- Lewis A. Kingsley Foundation Scholarship
- Don Steiner Current Use Scholarship
- Alpha Delta Gamma Scholarship
- Class of 1956 Legacy Scholarship
- Herbert Darling III Memorial Scholarship
- Linkey Booth Green Scholarship
- Stephen Family Scholarship
*Requires application in addition to and separate from FAFSA submission
Finally, we encourage all students to utilize "free" Scholarship Search Engines before, during and after enrollment.