LMU Merit Scholarship Benefits and Responsibilities
Congratulations on being selected to receive a Loyola Marymount University merit based scholarship! You should be very proud of the accomplishments which earned you this recognition. Your continued success will ensure that you receive this award for up to four years.
Please review the following benefits, expectations, and responsibilities, which pertain to recipients of any of the following LMU awards: the Presidential Scholarship, Arrupe Scholarship, Jesuit and Marymount High School Scholarship, Loyola High School Scholarship, Leavey Family Foundation Scholarship, University Hill Foundation, Jesuit Community Scholarship, LMU Transfer Merit Scholarship, LMU Excellence Scholarship, the Chancellor's Annual Scholarship and the LMU Global Scholarship.
- Loyola Marymount University First-Year merit scholarships are available for up to 4 years (eight semesters) at LMU.
- Loyola Marymount University Transfer merit scholarships are avaiable for up to 3 years (six semesters) at LMU.
- Fifty percent of the value of your annual scholarship will be disbursed and credited to your student account during the fall and spring semesters. Merit scholarships are only available for the Fall and Spring semesters and will not be offered during the summer.
- Your institutional scholarship does not apply to summer session courses or to non-LMU study abroad programs.
- To maintain eligibility for your scholarship, you must enroll full time (12 units or more) each semester.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 for the Presidential Scholarship, Arrupe Scholarship, Jesuit and Marymount High School Scholarship, the Loyola High School Scholarship, the Jesuit Community Scholarship, the LMU Transfer Merit Scholarship, the LMU Excellence Scholarship, the Chancellor's Annual Scholarship, and the LMU Global Scholarship. The Leavey Family Foundation Scholarship and the University Hill Foundation Scholarship require a minimum 3.2 cumulative grade point average.
- Notify LMU Financial Aid of any other scholarship offers you receive. (Note: scholarship awards may be adjusted to ensure compliance with all institutional, federal, and state regulations).
- Students are eligible for merit scholarships for up to four years of enrollment or until the students has completed their first bachelor's degree. Students are not eligible for scholarships after completing their first bachelor's degree regardless if the student graduates before eight semesters of enrollment.
In addition to fulfilling these responsibilities, LMU merit scholarship recipients are expected to provide leadership and inspiration to other students. Also, only if asked, scholarship recipients will send a letter of appreciation to the generous donor who made your scholarship possible. In that event, the name and address of your benefactor will be provided to you.
Upon accepting your offer of admission to LMU and then accepting this scholarship through your university PROWL account, you confirm that you understand and accept the benefits and responsibilities of this award. You will have to access your PROWL account upon submitting your commitment deposit to LMU. More details about each scholarship program can be found on the Financial Aid website.
|LMU Financial Aid
|1 LMU Drive, Suite 270||Email: email@example.com|
|Los Angeles, CA 90045||Phone: 310.338.2753|