All students registered as early as July 1 will receive a billing notification to access the Student Account Center online. Notification of a new Electronic Statement (eStatement) is sent to the students' Lion email account and/or authorized users designated email addresses. If you would like a parent or other third party to have access to your eStatement, please be sure to set them up as an authorized user in the Student Account Center.
The option to enroll in a payment plan will not be available until after the July 1 billing.
Electronic Statements (eStatements) are the official method of billing at Loyola Marymount University. All student billing statements are sent via email to the student's LMU Lion email account. Parents or guardians who would like to receive an eStatement must be granted access as an Authorized User in the Student Account Center.
The Student Account Center is a secure 24/7 online portal that allows students and authorized users to:
- Pay tuition, fees, room, and board
- Make commitment and housing deposits by web check
- Set-up Authorized Users
- Enroll in a Payment Plan
- Schedule future payments
- Set-up an eRefund account
- View monthly billing statements
Housing and Meal Plans
Housing and meal plan selections are arranged through the Student Housing Office. Please visit their site for more information.
All students registered in 7 or more units will be automatically charged for a parking permit. To opt-out, please log into MyLMU and select LMU Park from "System Logins" in the top navigation menu.
The deadline to opt-out of the parking fee is the last day of add/drop for each semester. All students who have not submitted an online form opting-out by the deadline will be charged the parking permit fee without the option for a refund.
Student Health Insurance
Please visit the Student Health Insurance Waiver site for more information.
Tuition Refund Insurance
Please visit the Tuition Refund Insurance Waiver site for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When should I contact Student Accounts, and when should I contact Financial Aid?
The first question many students and families have is, "Which office should I contact if I have a question?" Here is a quick guide to help direct your questions:
Contact Student Accounts (at email@example.com, or 310.338.2711) if you have questions about:
- Setting up a payment plan.
- Charges related to housing and/or meal plans.
- Waiving out of parking, sickness insurance, or tuition insurance charges.
- Applying funds from a 529 account to your account.
- Applying Tuition Exchange funds to your account.
- Requesting a refund when your financial aid award exceeds billed charges.
Contact Financial Aid (at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 310.338.2753) if you still have questions about your financial aid award after you have reviewed the common Financial Aid questions below:
Q. Why isn't my financial aid award reflected on my bill?
There are several reasons why your financial aid award may not appear on your bill:
- Have you completed a 2019-2020 FAFSA? All need-based federal, state and institutional aid (and some merit-based institutional aid) requires the completion of the FAFSA each year in order to be eligible for award renewal. If you believe you have completed a 2019-2020 FAFSA, please check your PROWL account to ensure that your FAFSA was not rejected (if it was, it will show as "Missing" on your account). If you have not completed your 2019-2020 FAFSA, do so as soon as possible at fafsa.ed.gov. Once the Financial Aid Office receives and processes a valid FAFSA, your financial aid award will appear in PROWL.
- Have you accepted your Terms and Conditions? In your PROWL account, you must accept the Terms and Conditions of your financial aid award before you can accept or decline each element of your award and before those awards can be credited to your account. To accept your terms and conditions, log into PROWL, click on the Financial Aid tab and select My Financial Aid Award and then Award by Aid Year. Select 2019-20 as the Aid Year and then choose the Terms and Conditions tab. Once you have read the Terms and Conditions and selected "Accept" at the bottom of the page, you will be able to accept your awards.
- Have you accepted all the awards that you intend to use? Your financial aid package may contain a number of different grants, scholarships, and loan awards. These awards must be accepted in PROWL before they will appear on your billing statement. Follow the steps above to accept your Terms and Conditions, and then accept or decline each element of your aid award. For federal and institutional loan programs, accepting your award will trigger requirements for the completion of Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Loan Counseling.
- Have you completed your verification requirements? Students selected for federal verification receive notification from the Financial Aid Office of documents that must be submitted and evaluated before your financial aid award can be applied to your bill. These missing requirements are also noted in your PROWL account.
Q. How is the Parent PLUS Loan applied to my bill?
The Parent PLUS Loan is disbursed 50% in the Fall semester and 50% in the Spring semester. If you have been approved for a Parent PLUS Loan, it may take 5-7 business days for it to be processed and applied to your student account. For more information on Parent PLUS loans, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
Q. How do I change the housing preference indicated on my FAFSA?
To change your housing preference from on-campus to off-campus, submit a Revision Request form to the Financial Aid Office. Your request will be processed within 5-7 business days. Note that changes in housing preferences may not result in a change to your financial aid award, as the on-campus and off-campus cost of attendance figures are different by less than $1,000.
Q. What if I am receiving an outside scholarship?
If you expect to receive outside scholarships or other resources not already reflected in your aid award, follow these steps to ensure that these resources are accurately reflected in your bill:
- Notify the LMU Financial Aid Office by email (email@example.com) or phone (310.338.2753)
- Notify the agency or organization providing the scholarship and:
- Request that they send your scholarship check(s) as soon as possible. Check(s) should be payable to Loyola Marymount University. Please ensure that your full name and LMU student ID is written on the check. Mail the check to Financial Aid Office, Loyola Marymount University. 1 LMU Drive, Suite 270. Los Angeles, California 90045-2659.
- If you received the check directly from the agency and it is payable to LMU, ensure that your full name and LMU Student ID appears on the check. Deliver the check-in person to the Financial Aid Office or mail to Financial Aid Office, Loyola Marymount University. 1 LMU Drive, Suite 200. Los Angeles, California 90045-2659.
Q. Why aren't my Tuition Remission benefits appearing on my bill?
Please contact LMU Human Resources to make sure all requirements are complete. Tuition Remission benefits are considered a "Resource" when determining eligibility for federal, state and other university-funded sources of financial aid. If you are a participant in a tuition program that will cover part of your LMU tuition, you must notify the Financial Aid Office to ensure this resource is coordinated with other financial aid according to federal, state, and university policies.
Q. Can I appeal my 2019-20 Financial Aid Award?
Students always have the option to appeal one or more elements of their financial aid award. More information on forms, requirements, and timelines for appeals can be found in the Appeals section of the Financial Aid website.