Graduate International Students

Graduate International Students are eligible for university grants, scholarships, and teaching/research assistantships. Please visit Graduate Financial Aid for more information about these programs.

Only United States citizens and eligible non-citizens are eligible to receive federal or state funded types of financial aid. For more information on the definition of eligible non-citizen see

International students are defined as those students who are in the U.S. on one of the following:

  • Only an F1 or F2 student visa or only a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa
  • A G series visa (pertaining to international organizations)
  • Other categories not included under U.S. citizen and eligible noncitizen as defined at

International students may apply for private (non-government) loans if they apply with a credit-worthy U.S. citizen (or eligible non-citizen) as co-borrower. Private educational loans are also referred to as alternative loans.

Applicants who have dual U.S. citizenship should follow the instructions for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.


Email email

Print print

Bookmark and Share share