LMU Grants are awarded to eligible students based on scholastic achievement and financial need.
Terms and Conditions
- Students must apply annually by completing the FAFSA and other institutional requirements by LMU's priority funding deadline. Receipt of a FAFSA record and/or other institutional requirements after the LMU priority deadline may result in the loss or reduction of a LMU Grant.
- Students must also meet all federal aid requirements in order to receive this grant.
- Students must be enrolled full-time enrollment (12-18 units) is required to receive this award.
- Students may be eligible to receive an LMU Grant for a maximum of eight semesters of enrollment. All units accepted by LMU during transfer course evaluation count as equivalent semesters for transfer students. See "Classification of Undergraduate Students" in the Undergraduate Bulletin. For example, transfer students with 60 accepted transfer units to their LMU academic record, will be considered as having completed four semesters and will have four remaining semesters of eligibility. Students may not receive instutional aid beyond eight semesters (or 120 combined transfer and LMU units) and are not eligible to receive an LMU Grant beyond their eighth semester.
- Students are not eligible for the LMU Grant for summer enrollment or enrollment in non-LMU study abroad programs.
- Students are not eligible for the LMU Grant enrolled for a second Bachelor’s degree, Post Baccalaureate, Master’s or professional program.
- Students may have their LMU Grant cancelled or reduced if they receive other resources that meet tuition and mandatory fees, such as employer tuition benefits, Cal Grant or veteran’s yellow ribbon benefits.
If you receive a LMU Grant, the university will do everything it can to maintain funding levels in future years. We must reevaluate your financial need such as your family experiences changes in income, assets, household size, or the number in college each year. Evaluation also depends on changes in federal, state, and university funding levels. Renewal of the LMU Grant must also include the GPA and course completion requirements associated with maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).