Loyola Marymount University participates in all federal and state financial aid programs and provides significant funding of our own to assist students who qualify for financial aid.
LMU will award you the maximum amount available from each funding source, within federal, state, and university regulations, without exceeding financial need.
- Federal funds are awarded based on the results from the federal formula and the availability of campus based federal funds.
- State funds are awarded based on state-specified eligibility requirements such as GPA, family income , assets and household size.
- LMU funded grants and scholarships are awarded according to policies established by the university.
- The total amount of financial aid awarded from grants, scholarships, loans and work can never exceed LMU's Estimated Cost of Attendance.
Types of Aid Programs
Grants - In this section you will find information on:
- Federal Teach Grant
- Cal Grant program
- How tuition and other benefit programs are coordinated with your financial aid award
Scholarships – In this section you will find information on:
- How LMU coordinates scholarships received from private organizations with your financial aid award
- Procedures to use scholarships received from private organizations to meet LMU expenses with Student Accounts
- Information and tips on applying for scholarships and links to scholarship search engines
Loan Programs – In this section you will find information on:
- Types of student loan programs
- How to apply for student loans
- How you receive loan funds
Work-Study - In this section you will find information on:
- Types of Work Awards
- Other opportunities to work on campus if a work award is not received
- Benefits and responsibilities of student employment
- Tax implications of your work award