How to complete Federal Verification?
The items that you are required to verify will be posted as missing requirements on your financial aid PROWL account. Most students selected for verification will be required to submit student and parent federal tax information.
For 2021-2022, if selected for verification, and taxes required, student and parent 2019 federal tax data is required.
How do I submit student and parent federal tax data?
For additional information on submitting tax data to LMU visit Submitting Your Tax Data.
When must I complete federal verification Requirements?
|Entering Freshmen and Transfer Students|
|Continuing Undergraduate and Post Baccalaureate Students|
What if I DO NOT supply the verification documentation?
Consequences for NOT Submitting Verification Documents
Entering Freshman or Transfer Students
Those who have not submitted federal verification requirements by August 20, 2021 will have all federal, state and need-based institutional financial aid canceled.
You will then need to make alternate payment arrangements with LMU's Student Accounts Department.
Continuing Undergraduate or Post Baccalaureate Students
Continuing Undergraduate students are not provided with a financial aid award until verification has been completed.
Those who have not submitted federal verification requirements by August 20, 2021 will then need to make alternate payment arrangements with LMU's Student Accounts Department.
What happens after I submit all the required documentation?
1. We compare that information to you provided for verification with your FAFSA.
2. If no changes occur during our review, we will also post a message to your PROWL account notifying you that the federal verification process is complete.
3. If any discrepancies are found, we will update your FAFSA information in our system with the information provided on your verification documents. Your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) may change and we will determine whether the change to your EFC requires that we revise your financial aid award. This review process takes 7-10 business days after receipt of all verification documents.
4. If your revised EFC changes your financial aid eligibility, we are required to revise your financial aid award, we will do so and post a message to your PROWL account.
5. If financial aid has been disbursed for which you are no longer eligible, these funds will be reversed from your student account and we will post a message to your PROWL account.
6. If certain funds for which you are no longer eligible have been refunded to you, we will report these funds as an "overpayment" to the Department of Education, and you will be responsible for repaying these funds before you can receive further financial aid.
7. We correct your FAFSA from the information you provided for verification. Do not make further corrections or changes to your FAFSA while verification is pending, and once verification has been completed.