Entering Fall 2015
Freshmen and transfer students seeking admission for the 2015-2016 academic year, starting Fall 2015, who wish to be considered for financial aid awards are required to complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -Available January 1, 2015
- LMU's Federal School Code: 001234
- Students must complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA starting January 1, 2015 at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines Based on Admission Status:
Freshmen accepted under early action
- Merit-based awards announced: end of January (to those who qualify)
- Special Early FAFSA priority filing date: January 16, 2015
- Need-based award announced along with merit-based award: end of January
Early action students who do not file the FAFSA by the special early January 16 deadline but submit their FAFSA by the standard February 1 deadline will receive merit-based award notification in late January and need-based award notification by the end of March.
Freshmen accepted under regular decision
- Incoming students who missed the February 1 deadline are still encouraged to complete the 2015-16 FAFSA no later than March 2.
- Merit-based and need-based awards announced: End of March
Transfer students accepted under early action
- FAFSA filing date: March 2, 2015
- Award notification: early April
Transfer students accepted under regular decision
- FAFSA filing date: March 2, 2015
- Award notification: early June
Step 2: California Residents ONLY - Complete the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form
The Cal Grant is awarded annually for applicants who qualify.
- Submit the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by the March 2, 2015 deadline. Many California high schools automatically submit the GPA Verification form for their students, but it is your responsibility to confirm the GPA Verification filing process at your school.
- In addition to the GPA Verification form, students must also submit the 2015-2016 FAFSA by March 2, 2015.
If your school does not automatically submit the GPA Verification Form, please follow these steps:
- Download the 2015-2016 Cal Grant GPA Verification Form from the California Student Aid Commission's (CSAC) website. Fill out the student portion of the form and sign it. Ask the registrar at the school you currently attend or most recently attended to complete the form.
- Make a copy for your records and mail the original to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).
- Submit your Community College Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) by March 2.
- Complete the Transfer Entitlement Certification Form (G-6) and submit it to CSAC by March 2. (Check CSAC's website for availability)
- Submit an Official Copy of your High School Transcripts to LMU's Admission's Office.
- Three business days after your admission application is received by LMU, you will receive an email* from LMU, giving you access to MyLMU and MyAid – your individualized LMU Financial Aid Planner.
- If any additional information or documentation is required to complete your financial aid application, the Financial Aid Office will notify you or your parent(s) via MyAid.
- Submission of all requested documents and forms within 10 days of them being requested via MyAid will ensure faster application processing.
Step 3: Check your MyTask list in MyAid within your MyLMU account regularly, completing additional steps if / as requested.
Note: The Financial Aid Office will use the email address provided on your admission application and/or FAFSA application to communicate with you. Please be sure to provide an active email account and check it regularly for important announcements.