Entering Fall 2015
Freshmen and transfer students seeking admission for the 2015-2016 academic year, starting Fall 2015, who wish to be considered for financial aid awards are required to complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -Available Now
- LMU's Federal School Code: 001234
- Students must complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA starting January 1 at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines Based on Admission Status:
Students who missed the March 2 deadline can still complete the FAFSA to be considered for federal and institutional aid. The Financial Aid Office can only assure the award announcement timelines below for students who submitted their FAFSA by March 2.
- Merit-based and need-based awards announced: End of March
Transfer students accepted under early action
- Award notification: early April
Transfer students accepted under regular decision
- Award notification: early June
Step 2: California Residents ONLY - Complete the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form
The Cal Grant is awarded annually for applicants who qualify.
- The deadline to submit the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form was March 2.
- In addition to the GPA Verification form, eligible students also needed to submit the 2015-2016 FAFSA by March 2.
Students can get additional information and forms from the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).
- To download the 2015-2016 Cal Grant GPA Verification Form from the California Student Aid Commission's (CSAC), visit their website. Fill out the student portion of the form and sign it.
- Make a copy for your records and mail the original to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).
- The deadline to submit the Community College Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) was March 2.
- The deadline to complete the Transfer Entitlement Certification Form (G-6) to CSAC was also March 2. (Check CSAC's website for availability)
- Requirements also included submiting an Official Copy of your High School Transcripts to LMU's Admission's Office.
- Three business days after your admission application is received by LMU, you will receive an email from LMU, giving you access to MyLMU and MyAid – your individualized LMU Financial Aid Planner.
- If any additional information or documentation is required to complete your financial aid application, the Financial Aid Office will notify you or your parent(s) via MyAid.
- Submission of all requested documents and forms within 10 days of them being requested via MyAid will ensure faster application processing.
- There is a Special Alert from the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). They have announced new efforts to reach transfer students in partnership with Colleges and Universities. For more details, please view their announcement.
Step 3: Check your MyTask list in MyAid within your MyLMU account regularly, completing additional steps if / as requested.
Note: The Financial Aid Office will use the email address provided on your admission application and/or FAFSA application to communicate with you. Please be sure to provide an active email account and check it regularly for important announcements.