Entering Fall 2014
Freshmen and transfer students seeking admission for the 2014-2015 academic year, starting Fall 2014, who wish to be considered for financial aid awards are required to complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -Available now! Complete today!
- LMU's Federal School Code: 001234
- Students must complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA starting January 1, 2014 at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines Based on Admission Status:
Students who missed the March 2 priority funding deadline are encouraged to complete the FAFSA for consideration of Federal financial assistance.
For Students who met the March 2 priority funding deadline will receive their award this Spring:
Freshmen accepted under regular decision
- Merit-based and need-based awards announced: End of March
Transfer students accepted under early action
- Award notification: early April
Transfer students accepted under regular decision
- Award notification: early June
Step 2: California Residents ONLY - Complete the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form
The Cal Grant is awarded annually for applicants who qualify.
- Submit the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by the March 3, 2014 deadline. Many California high schools automatically submit the GPA Verification form for their students, but it is your responsibility to confirm the GPA Verification filing process at your school.
- In addition to the GPA Verification form, students must also submit the 2014-2015 FAFSA by March 2, 2014.
If your school does not automatically submit the GPA Verification Form, please follow these steps:
- Download the 2014-2015 Cal Grant GPA Verification Form from the California Student Aic Commission's (CSAC) website. Fill out the student portion of the form and sign it. Ask the registrar at the school you currently attend or most recently attended to complete the form.
- Make a copy for your records and mail the original to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).
- Submit your Community College Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) by March 2.
- Complete the Transfer Entitlement Certification Form (G-6) and submit it to CSAC by March 2. (Check CSAC's website for availability)
- Submit an Official Copy of your High School Transcripts to LMU's Admission's Office.
- Three business days after your admission application is received by LMU, you will receive an email* from LMU, giving you access to MyLMU and MyAid – your individualized LMU Financial Aid Planner.
- If any additional information or documentation is required to complete your financial aid application, the Financial Aid Office will notify you or your parent(s) via MyAid.
- Submission of all requested documents and forms within 10 days of them being requested via MyAid will ensure faster application processing.
Step 3: Check your MyTask list in MyAid within your MyLMU account regularly, completing additional steps if / as requested.
Note: The Financial Aid Office will use the email address provided on your admission application and/or FAFSA application to communicate with you. Please be sure to provide an active email account and check it regularly for important announcements.