Loyola offers scholarships to many of our entering students. Students are considered when they apply and notification is sent with their admit packet. Award decisions are merit-based. There is also certain renewal criteria that is required in order to continue to receive your scholarship after the first year. For more specific information, please refer to your admit packet.
Admitted students who have questions about their scholarship or receiving a scholarship should contact Assistant Dean of Admissions, Jannell Lundy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you did not receive a scholarship, we encourage you to search for other sources of additional funding. More information can be found in these links:
Continuing student scholarships are awarded primarily based on grade point average at the end of each academic year.
Evening students who are recipients of the Fritz B. Burns Scholarship may receive tuition credit for, but not to exceed, a maximum of nine (9) Loyola Law School summer session units. All other full tuition recipients receive their scholarships for the fall and spring only
Please note that our policy on scholarship renewal requirements is reviewed annually. However, once a scholarship is forfeited due to failure to meet the renewal criteria, it will not be renewed in any subsequent year even if the GPA requirement is met. Data for the entering class scholarship retention will be available in July.
Scholarships are withdrawn immediately if the eligibility criteria established by the Scholarship Committee are not maintained.
The following institutional scholarships are available to continuing students:
Fritz B. Burns Scholarship
- Covers full tuition and mandatory fees as well as a book stipend.
- Awarded to one day student and one evening student who achieves the highest class rank at the end of the first year of law school.
- Will be renewable, if the eligibility criteria are maintained.
- Awards range from partial to full tuition.
- Are awarded on the basis of academic achievement.
There are a number of annual or outside scholarships that are also awarded to students each year as a result of a scholarship selection or application process. These scholarships include, but are not limited to:
- The Ahmanson Foundation Scholarship
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Scholarship
- Jesuit Community Scholarship
- Florine Carmen Phelps Scholarship
- Mabel Wilson Richards Scholarship
Information regarding current outside or private scholarships will be posted on the Office of Financial Aid bulletin board and In Brief.