Assumption Program of Loans for Education (APLE) Program
Due to the 2012-13 Budget Act, new allocations for the Assumption Program of Loans for Education (APLE) have been eliminated. The elimination of new allocations includes the APLE for District interns and the APLE for Credentialed Teacher programs.
As a result of the 2012-13 Budget Act, the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) will not accept 2012-13 applications for the APLE program. No other changes to these programs were made. The Commission will continue to accept and process other forms and documentation to administer program benefits for existing participants who are already program. For more information please visit the CSAC website.
Disbursement Requirements for Federal Direct Loans
- Accept your Federal Direct Loan through PROWL via MyLMU.
- Complete Federal student loan Entrance Counseling.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) with U.S. Department of Education.
- Verify that your Entrance Counseling results and MPN have been received by the Financial Aid Office through PROWL via MyLMU.
- Having trouble making loan payments? Information about Default, Deferments and Forbearance.
- Click here to complete Federal Student Loan Entrance Counseling
- Click here to complete Federal Student Loan Exit Counseling. All students who graduate, withdraw from all coursework, take a leave of absence or cease to be enrolled at least half-time in any term, must complete this federal requirement.
- Financial Aid Ombudsman
- Loan Calculators
- Loan Consolidation
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) - Visit NSLDS to review your lifetime federal student loan borrowing history in detail.
- LMU's Student Loan Code of Conduct
- Federal Web site for information about Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Discharge of Federal student loans