Cal Grant Teaching Credential Program (TCP)
Cal Grant A and B recipients who:
- Received at least one payment in the Cal Grant A or B program as an undergraduate.
- Have received a bachelor's degree, or completed all required coursework for their bachelor's degree.
- Are accepted and enrolled in a professional teacher preparation program at a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing approved institution within 15 months of the end of the term for which the recipient last received a Cal Grant payment.
- Have not received or submitted an application for an initial Teaching Credential, such as a Preliminary or Clear Credential.
- Maintain financial need for a Cal Grant renewal.
Enrollment in 12-18 units in coursework required by the State for the credential is required to receive a full Call Grant award. The Cal Grant award will be prorated for three-quarter time (9-11) and half-time (6-8) enrollment. Students enrolled less than half-time (<6 units) are not eligible.
How to Apply
Students must complete a FAFSA and Cal Grant G44 renewal form to apply.
- Click here for more information about Cal Grant Renewal offered by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).