The information below describes the rights and responsibilities of students receiving financial aid assistance and, specifically, federal student aid at Loyola Marymount University/Loyola Law School. More information on each area below is provided on the Loyola Marymount University Financial Aid Office website.
Student's Right to Know:
- Students have the right to know the criteria for continued student eligibility for each type of financial aid awarded.
- Students have the right to know the satisfactory academic progress standards that students must meet to receive financial aid assistance, and the required criteria to re-establish eligibility if a student fails to meet satisfactory academic progress.
- Students have the right to know the method by which financial aid disbursements will be made to the students and the frequency of those disbursements.
- Students have the right to know the method the school provides for Pell eligible students to obtain or purchase required books and supplies by the seventh day of a payment period.
- Students have the right to know the general terms and conditions are applicable to any employment provided to a student as part of the student’s financial aid package.
- Students have the right to know the terms of any loan received, a sample loan repayment schedule for sample loans, the necessity for paying loans, and the loan exit counseling information the school provides.
- I agree to notify the Financial Aid Office of any changes to the information used to determine my financial aid award.
- I agree to respond to requests for information from the Financial Aid Office.
- I agree to review Financial Aid Award Guide on the Financial Aid website and PROWL award messages, and acknowledge the enrollment requirements to receive certain types of financial aid.
- I agree to notify the Office of the Registrar, if at any time I stop attending classes and officially take a leave of absence or withdraw from the university. I also understand it is advised to speak with the Financial Aid Office to see if my withdrawal will impact my current aid award.
- I agree to notify the Financial Aid Office, if I am, or I become incarcerated while I am in attendance at LMU/Loyola Law School and receiving financial aid.
- I agree to notify the Financial Aid Office, if I (or a parent who has borrowed from the Federal Parent (PLUS loan program) am convicted of or pled guilty or no-contest to a crime involving fraud in obtaining federal student aid funds.
- I agree to notify the Financial Aid Office, if I (or a parent who has borrowed from the Federal Parent (PLUS loan program) am subject to a lien for a debt owed to the United States.
- I agree to use federal student aid funds received during the award year solely for educational expenses related to attendance during that year.
Unit Requirements for Federal, State and Institutional Financial Aid:
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units to be eligible to receive institutional financial aid and six units to be eligible for federal and state financial aid.
- Credential students must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units to be eligible to receive federal and state aid.
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Certificate program students are eligible for up to one twelve month period of federal aid, and must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units.
- Master’s Degree candidates must be enrolled in a minimum of three (3)units to be eligible for federal aid programs.
- Doctoral Degree candidates must be enrolled in a minimum of two units to be eligible for federal aid programs.
- Law Degree candidates must be enrolled in the minimum number of units as outlined by their program to be eligible for their scholarship and federal financial aid.
- All students may only receive federal aid for coursework that is required for their degree.
Consent for Electronic Records and Communications:
- By accepting this financial aid award, I consent to the use of an electronic record and electronic transactions related to my financial aid.
- Such transactions may take the form of electronic transmission and acceptance of these terms and my financial aid award via PROWL, MYAID (Undergraduate), and MYLMU/MYLLS portals, via email to my University or personal email accounts as well as submission of electronic forms or other required financial aid information requested.
- If you do not consent, or later wish to withdraw your consent, you must contact the Financial Aid Office regarding non-electronic transactions.