- Start ASAP and apply early - Don't miss scholarship deadlines.
- Search Locally - Check your local banks, grocery stores, clubs, businesses, organizations, and churches in your community.
- Read the Requirements - review requirements carefully to make sure you are eligible so that you do not waste your time.
- Follow Instructions Carefully - It is a good idea to have someone proofread your application.
- Neatly Presentable, Neatly Packaged - Make sure your entire application looks professional.
- Communicate - If you are not sure about something in the application, don't guess, contact the organization for clarification.
- Grades - A higher GPA will usually make you eligible for more scholarships and increase your chance of receiving funds.
- Never pay to apply for a scholarship because it is probably a scam!
What is a scholarship application?