If you receive outside agency scholarships, awards or other resources at any time during the academic year, you must:
Notify the Financial Aid Office
Federal, state and university regulations require the Financial Aid Office to consider all student and parent income, assets and outside resources when determining your eligibility for financial aid. We may be required to reduce other aid including LMU Grant or other university aid as it is not always possible to limit reductions to loans and work study funding.
Notify the Agency and Request
- They send your scholarship check(s) as early as possible. Check(s) should be payable to Loyola Marymount University. Please ensure that your full name and LMU student ID is written on the check.
- Mail the check to: Financial Aid Office, Loyola Marymount University. 1 LMU Drive, Suite 270. Los Angeles, California 90045-2659
In case you received the check directly from the agency and it is payable to LMU, ensure that you write your full name and LMU Student ID on the check if it is not already indicated.
Deliver the check to the Financial Aid Office or mail to: Financial Aid Office, Loyola Marymount University. 1 LMU Drive, Suite 200. Los Angeles, California 90045-2659
Details on How Funds Will Disburse
The Financial Aid Office will update the “Other Resource” section of your PROWL account with the actual amount of your scholarship check.
If a scholarship check is received for the fall semester and the scholarship notification indicates that you will receive a similar amount for the spring semester, we will update the “Other Resource” section on your PROWL account to reflect the “estimated” award for spring.
Your scholarship funds will be applied to your student account for the term in which the funds are received. Your scholarship check should be credited to your student account within 10-14 days after it is received by the Financial Aid Office.
Disbursement of your scholarship check could be delayed if:
- Your name or LMU ID is not shown clearly on the check.
- You have a hold on your student account.
- You do not meet enrollment or other eligibility requirements as indicated by the scholarship agency.